What Do Car Insurance Policies Cover?
These are some of the common services provided to the policyholders:
- Towing Assistance – If the vehicle breaks down or meets with an accident, the transport facilities or towing assistance to the nearest shop is provided. This service provided by the Roadside assistance service if included in the insurance policy.
- Extraction and Removal – Crane assistance is provided to remove or extract the insured car from the place of incident in case of breakdown due to an accident.
- Flat or Leaking Tyre Assistance – In case any of the tyres go flat, the insurer will provide assistance to remove or replace it without any labor charges.
- Dead Battery and Refueling – In this case, assistance is provided to jump-start the engine so that it can be taken to the nearest garage for repair. Fuel assistance is provided if the vehicle runs out of fuel while driving on the road.
- Unlocking Ignition Key – Roadside assistance is provided to unlock the car, in case the keys are accidentally left inside the car.
Add-on benefits can be added to the base policy to enhance the scope of coverage.
- Personal Accident Cover – The driver and passengers can avail the benefit in case any of them die or sustain an injury physically due to the accident
- Off-road Coverage – Policyholders can enjoy coverage against any mishap to the vehicle while driving off the roads.
- Windscreen Damage Cover – Not every insurance company in UAE provides this benefit that provides coverage against replacement or repair of the damaged or broken windscreen.
- Agency Repairs – Most of the vehicle insurance providers in the UAE offer an extension of agency repair services for up to 5 years.
- Car Hire Cover or Car Cash Benefit – These are part of the most frequently used optional benefits for motor insurance in Dubai. The provider will compensate for the cost of hiring a spare vehicle. A few motor insurances companies in Dubai offer courtesy cash while the insured vehicle undergoes repairs. Meanwhile, the policyholder can hire another car at the expense of the insurer.
- 24 Hours Roadside Assistance – Car insurance in UAE comes with roadside assistance facility, in case the insured vehicle breakdowns or if an emergency arises.
- Coverage to Personal Belongings or Emergency Medical Expenses – In a majority of cases, the policyholders enjoy coverage for personal belongings against loss or damage. Some insurance companies also offer the facility of availing emergency medical charges.
- Large Third-Party Cover – The policyholders get massive third-party coverage.
- Free Pick-Up and Drop-Off – A few insurance companies in Dubai offer free pick up and drop off services to the airport.
- Natural Calamity Cover – A majority of motor insurance companies provide coverage in case of natural calamities.
- Grace Renewal Period – In case a policy lapses, a few providers offer a grace period of 1 month to renew their vehicle insurance plan.
- GCC Cover/Oman Cover – People who drive often to neighboring countries, this is a must for them as it provides territorial coverage.
What Do Car Insurance Policies Not Cover?
Car Insurance in Dubai will cease to exist in the following circumstances:
- Driving with an Invalid License or Under the Influence of Intoxicants – If the driver drives with an invalid Driving License or under the influence of intoxicants such as alcohol, drugs, etc., and meets with an accident.
- Overloading – In case the insured automobile was overloaded or was encumbered beyond the defined capacity.
- Providing Misleading Information or Intentional Damage- In case false or misleading information is provided to the insurance provider at the time of buying the insurance plan. Or, if it’s proved that the damage/accident was caused intentionally.
- Unethical Use of Insured Vehicle – In case the insured vehicle is used for any purpose except as mentioned in the insurance policy.
- Claims Filed After 3 Years – Motor Insurance providers in Dubai don’t entertain claims registered 3 years after the accident.
No Claim Bonus/Discount
No claim bonus is a discount offered to the policyholder for not claiming the insurance policy. It can be availed while renewing the policy. Some of the unique features of NCB include:
- No claim discount benefit is transferable at the time of renewal or porting
- A no claim certificate is required from the insurance provider to transfer the accrued NCB benefit
- No claim discount is one of the most reliable ways of reducing car insurance premium which is applicable in comprehensive car insurance
- No claim discount up to 20%, which can be further utilized as a discount in the premium for the subsequent year
- The no claim discount may vary for different car insurance companies in Dubai or other Emirates